Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Supreme Court - What's the Problem?

In the article, "Supreme Court Inc.", I did not see an ethical issue. I may be naive to the point of the article but what I got from the article is that the Supreme Court is hearing more and more business related cases; "up from around 30 percent in recent years." However, I do not see the ethical issue with the Supreme Court hearing these cases. The author assumes that because the court is hearing more corporate cases that the Supreme Court is helping out corporations with their decisions. I think that is ludicrous.

The Supreme Court is made up of great people who are the final say in our legal system. They always try to make the right decision. Maybe, the legal system in corporate America is so screwed up these days because the Supreme Court failed to get involved in years past. I think it is a great thing for them to get involved more and more with corporate cases.

No comments: